Sister Hiroko Imamiya is a sister from Iwaki. This is the first area Blake served in. She was so good to Elder Ovard and is always good to all of the missionaries. We became friends on facebook. I emailed her to see how they were doing in Iwaki. Iwaki is located south east of Sendai. They have had a lot of earthquakes in her area. Iwaki is located on the coast. This is the last email I recieved from her. Our sweet Bishop Mitchell suggested we have a fast for the people in Japan today and another member in our ward who is suffering with an illness. I told Hiroko that we were fasting for them.
Dear Sister Heather,
I'm so so glad that Elder Ovard and all the missionaries safe.
Thank you so much for your praying and fasting for all the people in Japan.The aftershocks last every day and I'm so scared.I heard that we will experience a big aftershock within three days.
We can't use the tap water after the earthquake and don't have enough food and water. Many people died in Tsunami. I can't believe it. I'm so sad.I'm praying for everyone.
People in Tomioka were exposed to radiation in the power plants accident. Maybe we are exposed... because we live in Iwaki......I don't know.
I can't contact everyone because the line is very busy.
I will do my best.
Thank you so much again.
Your e-mail encourage me a lot.
Love,
Hiroko .
I have shared with her the information I have heard from the news. I have tried to calm her fears of the radiation and let her know that help is on its way. I hope the missionaries will now be able to serve her as she has been so good to serve them.
No comments:
Post a Comment