Today was transfer calls and we defintely have some transfering going on. Mitsuda Choro is heading up to Aomori to become Zone Leader... and I`m heading up to Tagajo!! Wow we were both so surprised. Tagajo is part of Sendai. I`ve heard a lot of good things about it. My new comp will be Elder Swenson. His nickname is The Beast!! Haha. He`s like 6`6". From what I hear, he`s a little hard to get a long with. So I might have my work cut out for me! Haha. He is an older missionary and only has a couple transfers left, but I will be co-senior with him. And I will also become District Leader. AAAHHH!!!!! I was so surprised when President told me that. He also said that my entire district is Japanese missionaries except for my comp and I. So I definitely have my work cut out for me!! Haha I gotta get studyin up on that Japanese!! So I`m a pretty nervous right now.
I`m so sad to be leaving Iwaki. It really is the best area in the mission. The members have become my family. They have all been so good to me. Today when we called Sister Keiko to tell her about transfers, she started crying. That was so hard. She has become my mom in Japan. I am so grateful for all the members here and for all they have done for me. They have been the best examples of the Savior that I could have asked for. I want to be like them.
We did have an awesome week here. We met up with Yasushi-San, a new investigator, and got him a baptismal date!!! He is so good. It is amazing to see the change the gospel can make in the lives and hearts of people. He is such an amazing man. All he wants to do is follow Christ and do good. So it will be hard to leave him behind. This is the Lord`s work though and He will take care of His son.
My testimony has grown so much this past week. I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love more than I can explain. As nervous as I am with these transfers, I am confident that Heavenly Father will provide a way. It might not be easy, but it`s what he wants me to do. I am so grateful to be a missionary. There is no greater happiness than the blessings of the gospel. I love you all and am so grateful for all your love, support, and prayers. Take Care!!!
Elder Ovard
These people do Japanese Swordsmanship. It was way cool and way good culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment