Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The mission is still AWESOME!

Hello Everyone!!
The mission is still awesome!! Haha. It was so hard to leave Iwaki, but Tagajo is legit! Iwaki will always have a special place in my heart. The people have changed my life for the better. I never thought I would grow to love them as much as I did! It was just like saying good bye to family. They were so good to me and mean the world to me. I do love Tagajo though! It is a really nice area. It`s only like 20 minutes of of the city of Sendai by train. While I was in Iwaki we rode buses everywhere, but here we will be riding trains. Tagajo is really nice. I think everyone works in Sendai, but lives in Tagajo. Haha. It doesn`t really have a main city street like Iwaki does, but I think it might be a little bit more of a classy area. Our apartment is so nice!! And big! Haha. That`s probably a good thing though cause my comp`s 6`7"! Haha he`s a big dude. When we talk to people on the street I look at everyone driving by and they all just stare at him haha. For the Japanese, He`s definitely from another world! Ha. I really like him though. So far things have been going really well. He likes to cook and keep things clean so I have no problem with that! :). Our apartment is really close to the train tracks so when the trains go by it reminds me of the train ride at Disneyland! Ha.
Tagajo is a ward, but it`s not much bigger than the Iwaki branch. They do have a good organist so I`m not sure if I`ll have the chance to play or not. They are all so nice though! Right now I`m just trying to remember everybody`s names! Ha. There is a really cool kid named Jun who just got back from the Nagoya Mission. He`s gonna be a huge help and I already love him!
Tomorrow we have District Meeting and Specialized Training. Specialized Training is done by President, the AP`s, and the Zone Leaders, but District Meeting is my job. Ugh! Ha. My first D.M. and everyone`s gonna be there! Haha. Oh well. Our District is way cool. We have 8 people in our district which equals the biggest district in the mission. It makes the mission a little different now that I actually have some responsibility! Ha.
There isn`t email in Tagajo, so we have to come to Sendai to do it. I love the city though so that`s not a prob! ;) The mission is still great. Even though I`m in a new area and things have changed up a bit, I`m still doing the same work. Heavenly Father is still there for me. The church is as true in Tagajo as it is in Iwaki! Ha. I love the gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. There is such power in it and we can obtain that power through reading it everyday. We are so blessed to have these things in our lives. May we not forget how blessed we are and continue to do the small and simple things that will one day give us the greatest reward. I love you all! Thanks for everything. Take Care.
Elder Ovard

                                                    Blake and Elder Swenson in Tagajo

No comments: