Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meetings in Sendai

Konnichiwa!
It`s been a little while hasn`t it?! Elder Mitsuda and I have been up in Sendai the past couple days. He`s District Leader so we had to go up for Leadership Training. It`s like a 3 hour bus ride from Iwaki. We take busses everywhere we go. Sendai is so cool! I love the city haha. While he did the training I worked with one of the Assistants for a couple of days. Right now there is one Japanese Assistant, and one American. I wanted to work with both of them but I got put with the Japanese, Elder Kina, for both days. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to work with Elder Hinckley too, but that is what President Tateoka assigned. Elder Kina is a way good missionary though! I learned a lot from him, but it was definitely hard. I felt like all the Japanese I ever knew went right out the window! Ha. My head was starting to hurt from all the thinking and not really being able to understand everything haha. It was a good experience though. Transfers are next week so maybe President was just getting me ready for a Japanese comp?! Ah I`m a little nervous! I do love being at the mission home with all the Elders though. There were like 15 of us there. They are all such a strength to me.
Today is Elder Mitsuda`s birthday!! We have an awesome day planned too. We`re going with a few of the members to some caves! I`m so excited. Iwaki has the best members in the world. I love them so much. We did just get a new rule though. We now have to have joints at all lessons with females. Before we could just meet up with one of the Sisters if it was at a public place or something, but now we need to have joints so it might be a little harder to get lessons. We`re so sad about it because we love the members and now it`s not gonna be the same! :(
The church is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know God lives and loves us. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives!! I love you all!
Elder Ovard

No comments: