Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I will be a Senpai in the MTC

Hello!


How is everyone? All is well here at the MTC. Last night we blocked off the entrance to the showers with the curtains and turned all the showers on to hot water. We had ourselves a nice little sauna :).

There were a few big changes that happened this week. Yesterday, our Zone was reduced by like 80 missionaries! They all headed out for Japan. About 30 of them were Japanese missionaries. It was sad to see some of them go. I'm pretty jealous! I know I still have much to learn though. So our Zone will be pretty small for this next week until the new Kohai (new younger missionaries) get here. I will then become a Senpai (or older missionary). Also, it was Brother Robertson's last day teaching us on Monday, so we will be getting a new teacher tomorrow. I really liked him but it will be good to learn from somebody else and maybe even connect better with the new teacher.

This past Sunday was testimony meeting and it was a real treat. The Japanese missionaries, elders and sisters, sang a musical number. It was absolutlely amazing. Although I couldn't understand a lot of what they were singing, the Spirit was still SO strong. It's crazy how the Spirit works. The Japanese people really know how to sing! The testimonies were awesome too. I was able to understand a lot more of what was being said.

This Thursday my companion and I have to teach Lesson 1 in Japanese. I'm a little nervous! I've barely been here a month and I'm already teaching a lesson in Japanese! Wow it's crazy. We've been working hard to get ready for it so I think we'll be ok. I'll let you know how it goes next week!

I love you all! Jamattane.

No comments: