Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Monday, March 1, 2010

1st Letter from the MTC!

Hello family!

I hope the drive home went well for all of you. These first couple days here at the MTC have been pretty long! It's been pretty frustrating and annoying trying to get the hang of things, but I'll pick it up soon.

My companion is Elder Taylor from Kaysville. I like him a lot. He played football and basketball so we have a lot in common. He is a pretty big kid too - like 6'3". We played basketball today during gym and we smoked everyone! HA! We're gonna make a good team. It's kinda weird having a companion with you all the time, but I'm glad I am with him cause I have no clue where I am going. So I just follow him around :) We had a Branch Meeting today and I was made Sr. companion. That doesn't really mean anything though. We will switch after 6 weeks.

The food has been good so far! There's definitely plenty of it!

We've also jumped right into the language. It will be really tough so please pray that I might be able to work hard and learn it.

I'm ok! Keep doing what you gotta do back home, and I'll try and work harder. I would really appreciate your prayers, and I'll pray for you. I have the best family in the world and I love you all.

Love,
Elder Ovard


No comments: