Konnichiwa!
Wow I can't believe it has already been a month! It is crazy how fast time flies by.
Last Tuesday we had a really special devotional. Elder Quentin L. Cook came and spoke to us! I was so excited to hear from an apostle. They don't come too often so it's always a treat to have them.
He talked about how it is such an incredible time to be called as a missionary. He said we were going out in a time that we can touch the hearts of the people in a special way because there isn't as much prosperity so the people are humbled. At the end of his talk, he pronounced a huge apostollic blessing upon all the missionaries. It was so powerful. It made me so excited and happy to be serving a mission.
Things here at the MTC are going great. Our schedule doesn't change much, but it always seems to fly by. We have class for most of the day. We learn the language, about Japanese culture, the gospel, and we always enjoy hearing stories from our teachers about their missions! The language is really tough. I am learning it though, just really slow. One piece at a time.
I played the piano during Priesthood on Sunday! It was really cool. It was completely different from any other time I've played because everyone was singing in Japanese! Haha. It was a good experience.
On Monday we will be having about 75 missionaries leave for Japan, including the Japanese Elders. Our zone will be much smaller!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment