I really enjoy Morioka. The members are great! We are still trying to do all we can for them and I feel like we are beginning to work better with them. They have been doing lots for us lately! After writing on last weeks progress record `we don`t have rice`, they responded immedietly with nearly 15 kilos of rice haha. Rice can get expensive so it`s nice to recieve a little help at times :) Transfers are next week. Unfortunately T.D. or myself is being transfered. President has already made it clear. I think I`m going to be staying though. Possibly for the rest of my mission! Ha. Sounds kind of crazy but I wouldn`t count it too far out there. I wouldn`t mind. I love these members. They are kind and humble. There are things I need to learn from the people here and I guess I didn`t come out here to pick where I go anyways. We`ll see though!
Eriko is still doing awesome. She is reading the Book of Mormon and praying everyday! Right now she is at the end of Mosiah. Her faith is strong and she feels the Spirit. However, she may be a little worried about her husband. He is Baptist. We told her we would like to meet him and she agreed that would be a good thing! We`ll see what we can do this week. We recently taught her the message of the Restoration, while playing Jenga! It was a fun lesson that I think will stick with her.
The volunteer activities are still awesome. We returned to the same lot as last week and continued removing the silt. It can be strenuous work on the old body now days! Ha I`m way out of shape. At one point we needed to move a pile of weeds and as I went in for a handful I saw a HUGE rat right by my hand! I screamed like a little girl and everybody stopped and looked haha. It wiggled it`s way back into the pile before eventually running away. Thank goodness!
I am coming up on my favorite part in the Book of Mormon, the appearance of Christ unto the Nephites in 3 Nephi. I have thorougly enjoyed reading the prophecies concerning his coming. It is particularly interesting to study the events leading up to his coming; tempests, earthquakes, fires, wars and contentions, tsunami`s, etc. I feel I can relate to these signs more than ever before. The divinity of our Savior is real. He has come and will come again. It will be a glorious and joyful day, if we are prepared! I`m thankful for the Book of Mormon and for the guidance and strength it gives me each and every day. I know it is true with all my heart! I love you all :) Thanks for everything. Take Care!
Elder Ovard
A Less-Active. His nickname is `Birdman`. Quite a character!
Naomi drew my stache for me :)
An Angel, Mario, An Arab, and a Nerd!
Eikaiwa students!
Eriko, Minnie Mouse
Morioka Missionaries
Chikara, I love this kid!
Most Fitting and Number 1 costume!







No comments:
Post a Comment