Hopefully I can finish typing this one up... it is so cold over here and my fingers are frozen!! Ha. It`s been a good week though. Having Elder Guevara in the apartment has already brought back a lot of memories. We were in the same room at the MTC. He had a few pics from then that he was showin me and I couldn`t believe things! Haha it was so long ago yet seems like just yesterday. I also tried to bust out some Spanish with him but it didn`t get too far haha. I guess I better focus on Japanese anyways.
We didn`t have much going on Thursday so we decided we (I guess I should say `T.D. Choro`) would bake some bread and we could go visit some members. I must tell you that Elder Tillemann-Dick can do work in the kitchen ;) That will be missed in 5 weeks. Anyways, we hit the bikes with a few loaves of bread in our bags. We had quite a bike ride but after visiting with less-actives and members we were thinking it was all worth it. We had one more loaf of bread to work with so we decided we would stop by one more house before returning home. Then T.D. Choro`s chain popped. Of course haha. We were miles away from home, and still absolutely no money in the wallets stopping by a bike shop seemed like a vain hope. We did, however, figure that if we could borrow a tool or two we could do the job ourselves. We walked down the steet to the closest bike shop and asked the guy working if we could borrow a tool to fix a chain. He took a look at it and told us it needed a part that cost about 3 dollars. But we didn`t even have that!! Haha. We lowered our heads and were just about to walk it back when we remembered we still had one loaf of bread. After explaining our situation, we gave the kind man our last loaf of bread and he fixed our bike for us :) As we were riding through some neighborhood streets and just about home, a black cat crossed our path. T.D. Choro looked at me as if to say, `You`ve got to be kidding me.` It wasn`t more than a minute later that I heard a cry from behind me haha. Without looking I knew exactly what had happened- the chain popped again. The story continues- if it can happen, it will happen haha.
We did have a really good lesson with Eriko this week. A kind member jointed and we had our best lesson thus far, about the Book of Mormon. I was so thankful for the members help! She was able to connect well with Eriko and gave an awesome heart-felt testimony. The power of members participating in missionary work and bearing testimony is amazing!! Eriko is reading the Book of Mormon. We are helping her gain a testimony. She didn`t make it to church this week as she went with her husband to his Baptist Church, but we have no problems with that. Even Joseph, amidst all confusion, attend the different parties. She seems to be searching for the truth, and I`m excited to help her know she`s found it! :)
I love my Savior. I will be forever indebted unto Him. I`m thankful for His perfect example and the love He has for me, even to the giving of His own life. I don`t think I`ll ever be able to fully comprehend it, but I am thankful for it. I know He lives. I love you all. Thank you for everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take Care.
Elder Ovard
Saying goodbye to Ishida Choro
Dinner with the Obayashi Family



No comments:
Post a Comment