This week has gone by so fast!! I swear it feels just like yesterday I was sitting here in the Morioka church writing an email. It`s been a good one though! A lot has taken place so I`ll do my best to try and capture everything into a simple letter.
We did have the opportunity of going back to Miyako for another day of service. I don`t know what I`m gonna do if I transfer and loose this opportunity every week. It is so special!! I bought a dvd about the disaster and have watched a little bit of it. It puts things into a whole new perspective when you see what really happened. Elder T.D. said that watching about it in the states and seeing the damage in real life is completely different! My love for these sweet people has deepened and the term `service project` has seemed to take on a new meaning. I`m excited for the upcoming volunteer activities! :)
We found a new investigator this week. His name is Yamashita and he has a young family of 4. We found him a couple weeks ago, gave him an introduction dvd, and told him we would stop by another time. About a week later we dropped by and caught the mom home. She told us they didn`t have any interest and to leave! It was sad, but we had made good friends with the husband previously and I at least wanted to meet with him again! When we stopped by this past week, we met the husband and were able to have a good talk. He has interest in religion and thinks we`re good dudes! Ha he even gave me a necklace :) We also met the wife and kids and she seemed happier to see us this time as well. We have an appointment with them this afternoon.
Thursday we had a training with the Zone. President and Sister Rasmussen came up. Btw, they`re awesome! Sister Rasmussen brought tons of apples with a fabulous dip :) The training was on the Book of Mormon and we even finally recieved our October Liahonas!! I`m excited to study it myself and use it within our missionary work. I love the Book of Mormon! Not really a reader, but I can handle the BoM :) We rode in Presidents car down to Ichinoseki for splits following the training. It had been a while since I got on the freeway and was kind of scary at first! Ha. We did have a good ride though and I enjoyed learning many different things from President. He`s a smart man and teaches me lots.
Splits were awesome, and we saw many miracles! I worked with Elder Bigger. We visited a couple High Schools in the area in order to introduce English Class and see if we could do some advertising. We met with the principals. The first school went well, and the second school was even better! The Ichinoseki Elders now have the opportunity of going to that high school at any time to mingle with the kids and help them think English is fun. I couldn`t believe it! The Prinicipal was very nice, and even asked some questions about the church allowing us to testify a little bit :) T.D. Choro and I are excited to do the same here in Morioka and see if we can`t increase our English Class attendance.
We did spend some time in the dermatologist`s office on Saturday. My skin doesn`t seem to like something around here! I`ve had a rash on my arm that has been getting bigger and the doctor said it is infected with bacteria. No worries though! He said it was a common disease (probably just trying to calm the fearful foreigner of any fears haha). He gave me some medications and told me to come back on Thursday. I do think the medications have already helped! :)
Eriko came to church yesterday!!!!!!! I was so happy to see her there. She has been doing great. During one lesson we focused a bit on prayer. She mailed us the next morning saying she tried out Alma 37:37 and felt refreshed. That`s the beauty of the gospel! It doesn`t take much. When we do even the little things, we can recieve all the comfort in the world from our loving Heavenly Father. I love you all! Thank you for all your kindness and support. Hope you have a good week! Take Care.
Elder Ovard



No comments:
Post a Comment