Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Transfered to Niigata!

Hi fam and friends. How you all doin?? I`ll warn you by letting you know this one is gonna be short. And kind of exciting! Ha. Basically I`ve been sick in bed with a fever all week so other than attending our District Conference on Saturday and Sunday we didn`t leave the apartment. Ya... a big bummer! We actually did make it out to the service on Tuesday which resulted in 12 hours of sitting on an uncomfortable bus! That was the worst day. I am getting better though!! Slowly but surely. And I guess I have got some good study in as well :)



We got transfer calls this morning. Let`s just say, I was more than surprised! Not gonna lie- I was planning on and kind of hoping to finish everything off here in Morioka. It has been a long time and I have become good friends with these sweet members here. I love them. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. The Lord has other things in store for me and I have been called to serve in the land of Nagaoka, in the prefecture of Niigata. It is the most southwest part of the mission. I was more than surprised but have heard nothing but good things about Nagaoka and am excited for what`s ahead. I will be training another missionary so we will be rollin in on a clean slate. Saddle the horse up baby!! Haha. I don`t know anything about my comp other than he is definitley American. There are no Japanese elders coming in this transfer. We`ll see what we can do!!


I leave tomorrow evening. I really don`t want to go :( This is the worst part of being a missionary. I have really come to love the people here. They have taught me so much. We have grown so much and seen miracles together. I love Morioka and will treasure the short time I have spent here for the rest of my life. It`s bitter sweet!


I am also gonna miss Elder Tillemann-Dick. It doesn`t get any more interesting than him haha. I love the kid. We have made memories that will last a lifetime. We worked hard here and have done all we could to help this branch. He has taught me many things!! If only I could take some of his size 10 head with me. I`m gonna have to find another google because googleTD is now not in progress haha. He`s a stud. He will be moving down Tsuroka, Yamagata prefecture, and be with his first Japanese companion.


Thanks to all for your love and support. I wish you all the best and pray that we can partake of the blessings of the gospel within our friendships and families each and every day. The gospel is here to make us happy! Let`s help those around us see and feel that very thing :)


Take Care,


Elder Ovard

No comments: