Hi everyone! Unfortunately I don`t really feel like there is too much to say this week... been one of ups and downs. Monday night I did have a fun experience though! Elder Mizoguchi, who is now serving up north in Hachinohe, came down for service. We were out working together and he told me that his non-member grandparents live in Morioka. I had heard that before but didn`t ever take much thought to it. The other companionship here in Morioka has actually visited them before but didn`t have much time to talk. I wasn`t about to let this opportunity pass by, however, so after calling the other missionaries for directions we made a quick visit! Although I had never met them before I felt like I was at home visiting with my dear grandparents :) They were so sweet and fun. They also found myself to be quite adorable and told me to come back another time haha.
Tuesday was another day of service. It was good work and I was feelin the effects of the wheel-barrow for the next few days haha. Eriko came again. She was doing so good! We also had a good lesson on the bus ride home and made another appointment for the next day before English Class. She has become really good friends with one of the members which is a huge help. Within the last few lessons this past week we were able to talk with her about baptism and she said that because she is a sinner she would like to be baptized sometime. We were so excited!! We were planning on having her come to church on Sunday and everything seemed to be going so well. As we were out working on Saturday we got a mail from her saying she was going to go to the Baptist church the next day (her American husband is Baptist). It was kind of depressing!! We had a pot luck and fireside with the branch and were looking forward to having her there. I need to be more patient!
Not much else for the week. We`ve got a busy one ahead of us and hopefully can get back on track with our investigators. Thanks for your support! I love you all. Take care.
Elder Ovard


No comments:
Post a Comment