Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Time goes fast, Work is slow!

Well I blinked my eyes and another week is down. How is everybody doing??!! Things are pretty chilly over here in Japan right now. There is loads of snow and I think it even gets to be like -10 degrees C!!! Yikes! Ha. It makes the work a little bit harder but what can you do?
As fast as time goes by, the work is a little slow right now here in our area, Morioka. We met the only investigator that was left for us, Endo, last week and it will be a little bit of a challenge with him. He`s been an investigator for a year now and I`m not sure how much he wants to recieve baptism. We committed him to a date for the 13th of Feb., but he says he`s at 55% right now and when he gets to 80% he`ll get baptized. So we`re gonna have to be real bold with him and not mess around. Other than that, we really don`t have a whole lot going on. We spend most of our days finding- streeting and housing, and visiting less-active members. My comp and I are just hoping and praying that God will pour out a few more blessings upon us so that we can start to have some success. Our Zone is doing really well right now, so we just need to catch up ourselves!! Haha. It is a challenge though both being new to the area and not really knowing much about it nor the branch. We have Zone Conference this week so hopefully it will go well!! :
I really enjoy being with a Japanese comp. My language skills still haven`t gone through the roof, but I do feel like it helps to be with a native and speak Japanese all the time. His English isn`t all that bad either! Haha he loves America. Like- he LOVES AMERICA!!! Haha he is really funny about it but all he wants to do is be American haha. Sometimes we hear about missionaries getting yellow fever for the girls in the country in which they are serving, but he has the fever even though he`s still in Japan!! Haha he can`t get over the blonde hair and blue eyes haha. He`s really funny. He wants to go to BYU-H after the mish so I`m gonna try and teach him a little more English. He`s a real good kid and I`ve already learned a lot from him and his hard work.
Yesterday we went with a couple members to visit a member who is in bad physical condition and can`t really make it to church. We gave her the sacrament, and then a Priesthood blessing. It was a real gloomy day, but as we finished the blessing and said `Amen`, we opened our eyes and the sun was shining right down on us. It was so amazing!! God was really there. I`m grateful for the Priesthood in my life and the blessing it is to others. I love you all and hope all is well!!! Take Care.
Elder Ovard

No comments: