Elder Ovard and Elder Juchau in front of a Beautiful Christmas tree in Tagajo.
What an awesome Holiday Season it has been!! I hope you all had as Merry of a Christmas and as Happy of a New Year as I did here in Japan. It has been a blast!! I thank you all for all the love and support you have given me during this Holiday Season. I have felt much love through the letters I have recieved and I thank you all so much for that! There definitely wasn`t anything better than being a missionary on Christmas. I enjoyed every minute of singing carols, visiting those who are lonely, and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. I had never felt so blessed before in my life!!
New Years was also quite the treat. In Japan, New Years is probably a little more celebrated than Christmas. It is their time to get with the family and spend lots of time together. There is also a really famous shrine near Tagajo that tons of people from all over the place go to. We happened to be housing nearby and saw everybody going to the shrine. It was nice to be able to get a little more Japanese culture in :) Later that night while housing, we had a dude start yelling at us and telling us to quit doing what we were doing cause it was a `break` time haha. We just kind of let him go off on us without saying anything and then after a while he finally started to give us a little respect haha. Pretty interesting.
Things with the investigators are moving forward. Shiga-San, our most promising investigator came to church yesterday!! He is a 50 year old man living all by himself. We`ve taught him a few times and I love it!! At first, he had the typical Japanese beliefs (lots of different Gods), but we`ve been working real hard with him to understand our Heavenly Father and the plan He has for him. He has a lot of faith, and maybe even a testimony, but the word of wisdom could end up being a problem with him. We still haven`t mentioned anything but we will go from here. He wants to be baptized on the 29th!! :)
We met with the Kishi Family last week and it was alright. They`re not as `golden` as we were hoping for, but they still have an awesome family and we will continue to meet with them. We also visited the Yamada Family and they said they would like to hear more of our message too!! The Yamada Family is so cute and sweet. Hopefully they will become investigators this week!
The work is moving forward and I love my mission. It really is a blessing to be able to testify of my Savior each and everyday. I know this is God`s work and His glory and that we all have a responsibility in helping to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. We are a blessed people and I love you all!!Elder Ovard
Elder Ovard and Elder Juchau. This is Elder Juchau's first day in the mission. Blake says he is a really good missionary and he came in speaking Japanese well. They have a lot of fun together.
Elder Ovard and Elder Juchau having a lot of fun playing basketball with the boys!
Three generation picture. Elder Ovard with his trainer on the right (Elder Warren) and Elder Juchau on the left who Blake is training.
Pizza Delivery..........definately not the typical delivery in America!
Japanese Pizza! Elder Ovard and Juchau lovin it.
Having fun in samuri clothes! I wish I could get the picture to flip around.
Fun Stuff!!!!
This robot is a mascot for a cell phone company.
Elder Swenson and Elder Ovard look like convicts on the church wall. This is what is posted in the churches to give the members the missionaries information.
Elder Ovard and Elder Mitsuda in Iwaki. This is there name written in Kanji
Elder Ovard and Mitsuda with Cool Japanese swords.
The member who owns the shop sent the sword home to Blake. It was super fun to see.












No comments:
Post a Comment