Hello Hello!! How is everybody doin?? Well I`m now in Morioka, my third area, and other than a couple frozen toes and fingers, things are going great!! Ha. It`s the most north I`ve been so far and it`s definitely a little colder than down south. Haha no I`m really not too bad, but from what we hear, it`s the coldest place in the mission, and even the coldest place in the Tohoku providence! Haha. We`ve got our fair share of snow, and it seems like everywhere we go there is ice! It makes for a little bit of a dangerous ride/walk, but I guess that makes things all the more interesting! Don`t worry- I`ve only slipped and fell once. Ha. Everythings is ok though! ;)
I love Morioka!! It`s a way nice area. Elder Narita and I have definitely got our work cut out for us as we white-washed into the area, but there are lots of good people here so hopefully we can get the area where it needs to be. There are people all over the streets, and even lots of young people too! :) There are a few colleges around which makes things nice. It`s one of the bigger cities in the mission, and seems like it will be a really good area for finding. We don`t have too many investigators we`re working with right now as we came in, although one person does have a baptismal date and we will meet with him later on today. His name is Endo Shotaro. We still haven`t met him but we`re excited to work with him. Luckily there are a couple missionaries in the zone who have already served here in Morioka so if we ever have any questions we can just ring them and figure things out.
I love the Morioka branch!! There were only 33 people at church yesterday but supposively there are usually around 50. There are a lot of really nice families with lots of young kids. It`s almost like Utah! Haha. Everybody is really nice and I`m really excited to get to know them. There is also an American in the ward who is here teaching English. His Japanese isn`t very good so I translate for him during church. It`s a little bit of a challenge, but I do feel like it will help out my Japanese. Living with a Native is lots of fun! Narita Choro is way cool. He is such a humble, patient, and hard working missionary. He`s from Gunma which is down near Tokyo. He loves America, and especially American movies. His English is pretty good too so if I ever have a question about the Japanese we can usually figure it out together. Funny story- we have this little bowl of sweets on one of our tables that was left from the last missionaries. In that jar there is a tube of bubble gum flavored American toothpaste. Narita choro saw the bubble gum as well as the picture, and decided to try it out. The only problem was he wasn`t using it to brush his teeth. He thought it was gum!!! Haha he came runnin to me asking what it was. I told him it was toothpaste haha. He didn`t like that too much :)
I had an awesome birthday last week back in Tagajo. My favorite part of the whole day was when we went to visit the Yamada Family in the evening to say goodbye to them. They have a bunch of cute little girls and a couple of them even came to the English Class we had. Unfortunately they didn`t come that day, but the youngest girl had made birthday cards for Elder Juchau and I. She was going to give them to the sisters to give to us at English Class, but when she heard the sisters weren`t going to English class she got upset, crumpled the cards up, and threw them. When we visited them, the mom told us what happened, and the daughter got the cards, uncrumpled them, and read them to us. It was so cute!!! They are such a sweet family.
I love this work and am so excited to be here in Morioka. There is a little more responsibility being Zone Leader now, but I`m excited to serve and work with the other missionaries. I love my Savior and His Gospel. I was reading in the New Testament this morning and our Savior was talking about how our fruits we can know them. Although we have lots to do as members of the church, I feel like one of the best things we can do is serve others and try and become a more Christlike person. When we do that, we will become more happy and have the Spirit more abundantly in our lives :) I love you all!!! Take Care.
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment