こんにちは!! 元気ですか? Hello! How is everyone doin?? Things are going great over here in the Asian neck of the woods. Everybody`s hair is still black, their eyes are pulled back just a little bit further, and I love them just as much!!! :) :) It has been a crazy fast week on the mission. I swear time just goes faster and faster. Next week is transfers and I cannot believe it. I am hoping and praying from the bottom of my heart that things will stay the same here in Tagajo because we have so much awesome work going on right now!!!
We met with the Kishi Family yesterday and had an awesome lesson. When we first got there they had baseball on the T.V. It was like the Japan all-star skills contest of some sort but it looked really fun and exciting! In America, professional athletes have more of a business like manner about them (which I`m sure Japan athletes do too), but then it looked like kids playin in the backyard! Don`t worry I didn`t get too trunky ;) haha. We were able to turn the t.v. off and we began a gospel discussion. The father wanted to know why God allows us to commit sin, and why we have wars and different things. We began to teach them about the Plan of Salvation, and how a key point in Heavenly Father`s plan for us is to use the `free agency` he has given us. They were able to understand it, and accepted the commitment to pray to know whether or not this is true. The dad said the closing prayer last time, so we invited the mom to offer it this time and she gave a sincere, heartfelt prayer. The Spirit was so strong the entire lesson. They have such an awesome family, and want to do what is right. I`m so excited to continue to work with them!!!
Things with Shiga-san are also moving forward!!! We met with him a few times this week and focused lots on his understanding of the lessons. We watched the movie of the Restoration, and once again felt an awesome Spirit. I love the Spirit!!! It works miracles. Although it can be tough at times to recognize, recognizing the Spirit and recieving a witness through the Holy Ghost is a vital point in the conversion process. We have been working really hard with him to recieve that answer. He is still excited to recieve baptism on the 29th!!
This work is amazing. I love sharing the gospel, learning about people, and the world we live in. We recently met with a young lady who doesn`t have the most virtuous job in the world. She needs money so she continues to work, but really doesn`t want to be doing what she`s doing. Inside she is suffering. She wants help but doesn`t necessarily know where to find it. It`s right here!! We are holding it in our arms!! I hope and pray that we will never take this blessing in our lives for granted. I know Christ is our Savior and that through His Atonement we can be made white as snow :) I love you all and thank you for everything. Take Care!!
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment