Well it`s a couple days late but I think it was worth the wait!! The past couple days we have had leadership training up in Sendai so our P-Day got moved to today (Wednesday). The good thing is- we are able to be emailing in Tagajo today because the library is open!! So we didn`t have to go clear up to Sendai.
It has been such an awesome week with the work. We have made so much progress with Kanno Arata!! In the past we have just been doing lessons at His doorway, but this week we told him we would like to either meet at our church, or in his apartment. He let us in His apartment and I think it made all the difference in the world. It was so much nicer to be able to sit down with him and be able to talk about the gospel. He opened up a lot more and the Spirit was definitley a lot stronger. Earlier in the week we got a little bolder with him about baptism, and yesterday we had such an awesome lesson. He has been taught everything besides the commandments so we were planning on teaching him a couple commandments, but when we got there the lesson took a whole different route. I felt like we needed to review Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Then we read the promise in Moroni 10:4-5 and talked a lot about the Spirit and how God will answer his prayers. The Spirit was definitely there and we could tell Kanno Arata was feeling it. When we asked him to pray to know the truthfullness of these things for himself, there was a long pause. He sat there for about 5 minutes not saying anything. I was tempted to say something and brake the silence but I decided to just sit there and wait for him to answer. He finally did. He said he would do it. He didn`t say anything special or anything, but the Spirit was there and He was feeling it. He knew that God would answer his prayers and it meant a lot to him. He is such an awesome kid!!! His baptism date is for the 27th but it`s not going to be going down. We still have a couple more things to work out but He`s definitley getting closer!!
The work is good, the church is true, God is our Father, and Christ is our Savior. It`s real!! I know these things are true and I`m so grateful for them in my life. I love you all!
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment