Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Konnichiwa!!

How is everyone?! Wow what an awesome week it has been!! Things are going so well and Juchau Choro and I have seen so many miracles this week. We have been so blessed and it is such a good feeling!
So on Tuesday, President and Sister Tateoka caught us off guard and stopped by our apartment for morning study haha. I didn`t have my tie on yet, and Juchau Choro just happened to be washing his clothes that day haha. I threw my tie on as quick as I ever have, and Elder Juchau threw on some slacks. Then we opened the door haha. It was quite the surprise.
Training a new missionary is so awesome! They have so much fire to go out and work and it`s so good. I also feel like they carry a special Spirit with them comin out of that MTC cause we`ve just seen so many miracles lately. Saturday we hit up the batting cages with one of our investigators, Kanno Arata. He`s a first year college student. It was a blast! Haha. It`s definitely been a little while though. I haven`t been able to move for the past 2 days ha! That same day we had to go get oil tanks filled up for our apartment heater and walk back with them. I`ve never been so sore in my life!
This week we found 2 new investigators that pretty much just came out of nowhere. We met an old man on the street wearing a New York Mets hat, told him to come to church, and He came! Then we also met a sweet old lady on the street a couple days ago, talked to her for a bit, she gave us loads of good food, and left. She didn`t really have any interest in our message. Then a few days ago we saw here driving in her car pulling up to her house. We went and talked to her, she invited us in, fed us some more awesome food, talked a little bit about our message, and said we could come back later this week!! So cool!
We also had a miracle with one of our baptismal dates, Mika Kumagai. She`s a Mom of 2 little girls. We`ve only met with her at her door but we need to start meeting with her either at the church or in her house. We told her that and it didn`t seem like in the house was going to work. She said her husband will have no interest. We were able to get an appointment for at the church this Thursday!!! It was another blessing.
My faith has been strenghtened so much. If we have faith we can do anything. Something I learned this past week is that faith is not only believing, but also doing. We need to believe in something, act on it, and then we can know of a surety. Miracles have not ceased. I`m so grateful for my Loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me and helped me so much throughout my life. I know that He knows us, loves us, and wants us to be happy. I love this Gospel!!! Have an awesome week!
Elder Ovard

No comments: