Hello Everyone!!
It has been a really good week here in Japan. We didn`t have any baptisms but we did have 1 confirmation yesterday! So two Sundays ago Onodera was supposed to be confirmed but he didn`t show up to church?.. So on P-Day we went with the Bishop to go visit him. I was a little upset because it was P-Day and it was like a 45 minute drive so it was going to take a lot of time. We did end up finding his house and I`m so glad we did! It was right on the beach!! Ha. So I got to see the beach! And Onodera is ok :). He had been sick so that`s why he didn`t come to church. His confirmation yesterday was awesome. I also was the organist in sacrament meeting yesterday! It was a lot of fun. It went really well too! Also yesterday, we were sitting in Priesthood meeting and all of a sudden we had an earthquake! It was pretty big too! Haha the whole building was shaking. The best part though was that it happened while we were reading something and the guy who was reading just kept right on going. He acted like nothing was even happening! Haha I guess they`re used to it here. I was shaking for a few minutes afterward. Ha. There has been one other earthquake since I`ve been here but that one was definitely a big one!
Also last P-Day we got to spend some time with the Igari Family. They have a couple boys that have been wanting to play baseball with me so we did. It was so nice to put a glove back on! Ha. The kids were pretty dang good too. The boys were only 10 and 12 years old but they could play! The 12 year old is quite the pitcher. I dare say he would shut our little league down! Ha. We also had dinner and a FHE with them. It was great. They had a piano so I played the opening song- Love at Home. It was so cool.
We have a few investigators at the time but one of them is really strong. Her name is Koaguchi. We are hoping to get her baptized by next week. She is so humble and sweet. She always brings us tons of food. Ha.
The weather has been really nice here in Iwaki lately. Really warm actually. It`s really rainy today though. I think the rainy season is starting up. I believe it lasts for a while too!
Well everyone, thank you so much for your love and prayers. I really felt helped this past week. Thank you so much. I know God is our Heavenly Father and that he loves us. Jesus is His Son and our Savior. I love Him so much. I began reading the New Testament this week and it is awesome. Christ is our perfect example. I`m so grateful for this gospel in my life. I know this church is true. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Take Care.
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment