Today is transfer day and Elder Warren is being transfered! We could not believe it! Usually you are with your trainer for at least 2 transfers but Elder Warren is now heading up to Morioka. Thankfully I`m staying here in Iwaki! Ha I love it here. I feel really bad for Elder Warren though because we have a baptism on Saturday! He`s going to have to miss it. Her name is Kowaguchi San. She is really sweet and humble. She always brings us tons of treats and random things when we teach her so I`m gonna be excited to get her baptized so we won`t have to deal with all the stuff she gives us! Haha. That sounds bad but it`s true. She is way sweet though. Elder Warren was going to baptize her but now that He is being transfered, I will do the baptism.
This past week we went on splits with the Aizu Elders. It was a blast! They came to Iwaki. Their names are Elder Peterson and Elder Lundell. I love them both. Elder Lundell and I were in the MTC together so we`re way good buds. It was a fun time.
All is well here in Japan. I love being a missionary more everyday. I have already learned so much since being here, but more than anything I have learned a lot about our Savior. He is awesome. I love reading the scriptures about Him and learning from His example. He was perfect. He lived a life in the service of others. Everything He did was for the benefit of others. We can learn so much from His example. We had Stake Conferece this past week and something the Stake Pres. said that really hit me was- We need to love others like we love ourselves. That is so true. It is definitely hard, but I know that when we loose ourselves in the service of others, we will become happy! I`m so grateful to have our Savior`s example to look to. We are so blessed!
Elder Ovard
This is a family we had home evening with and we played baseball with them. It was way fun and they are really good baseball players. They think I have muscles Ha Ha. He is holding my muscle.
The nicest sisters in the world. The sister wearing glasses is Sister Imamiya, she bought me my bike and Sister Keiko is really awesome too. They do so much for us. I love them both.
was baptized a few weeks ago. We are at the Aquarium on our P-Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment