Wow I can`t believe another week has already gone by!! It has been a great week. Yesterday was Onodera`s baptism!! It was so awesome. He was definitely one of our Heavenly Father`s prepared children. I had the priviledge of baptizing him. I was a little nervous because I had to memorize the prayer in Japanese and I didn`t start learning it until like 15 minutes before!! Haha. It went well though. I got it on the first try and everything was perfect. The Spirit was so strong while we were standing in the water. I`m so thankful the Lord blessed me with that opportunity so early in my mission. When we first met Onodera San on the street, I kind of thought he would spooke our appointment with him. He wasn`t the cleanest, or best dressed guy in the world. He just didn`t have much. I judged him from the outside when on the inside he was as prepared as anyone could be! It was a big testimony builder to me that you never know who is ready and who is not. You have to talk with everyone! Heavenly Father loves all of His children the same. 
The members here in Iwaki are awesome. They do so much for the missionaries. We have been going out to eat with the ward members so much recently! It`s a dang good thing I`m on a bike, otherwise I might be in trouble! Haha jk. Japanese food is so good though. Friday night we ate sushi and let me tell you- this was legit sushi! Ha. It`s fun to eat everything though, and get a taste of all of the Japanese culture.
I love you all and thank you for all your prayers and support. I appreciate everything. Take Care till next next week!
Elder Ovard
This sister is a non member but loves the missionaries and took us to lunch where we had the legit sushi!
This sister is a non member but loves the missionaries and took us to lunch where we had the legit sushi!
1 comment:
So awesome! You are such a good missionary! I'm so glad you are loving the "legit sushi" and the culture there. I think I would be in trouble!
Post a Comment