Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Elder Mitsuda

Hello Everyone!
It`s been a pretty crazy week here in Japan with transfers and everything! Thursday morning we rode the bus up to Sendai to switch comps and everything. I love going to Sendai! It`s a pretty big city. People say it`s about the same size as Salt Lake but I think it`s bigger. At least it seems like there are more people! Ha. It`s awesome though. And the drive is so pretty. Everything here is so green and there are hills everywhere.
My new companion is Elder Mitsuda. He is half Japanese. His dad is full Japanese but grew up in America and doesn`t know any Japanese. Elder Mitsuda studied it a little bit in school. He knows a lot of kanji so I`m hoping to learn some from Him! I love him though!!! He really is amazing. He`s going into his 8th transfer. I`m going into my 2nd. He is from Seattle but moved to Utah when He was like 17 and went to American Fork High School. He really is so cool. We`ve had a lot of fun together already.
Thursday we did streeting the whole day in Sendai then stayed the night at the Zone Leaders apartment. There were like 10 Elders there. It was kinda crazy but a lot of fun! I got to see Elder Kaneshiro, who was with me at the MTC. That`s always fun :)
Kowaguchi San was supposed to get baptized Saturday but it didn`t end up working out. She said she was busy with friends and had a job to do or something. None of us could figure it out. It made me really sad. I think She is just nervous about Elder Warren tranferring and having a new missionary come in so sudden and soon. She gets nervous and scared really easy. We have an appointment with her for later this week so hopefully we will get things figured out. I really do think she will still recieve baptism, she just might need a little more time.
This gospel is amazing and I know it can change lives. I`m so grateful for the help it gives us. We are so blessed to be led by living prophets who know what we need today. I love you all!!
Elder Ovard

No comments: