Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last Week in the MTC!!!

Only 1 more week in the states for 2 years!!!! Wow it's crazy. This past week has been awesome. We got our flight plans on Thursday!! We weren't expecting them till Friday so it was a surprise. We leave Monday evening. We fly out of Salt Lake at 9:47 and arrive in L.A. at 10:39. We fly out of L.A. at 12:10 AM and arrive in SEOUL, KOREA at 5:10 AM. We have a 5 hour layover in Korea, then we fly to Sendai. I am SO excited!!!!! We are flying on Delta Air Lines. There are 12 missionaries in our travel group. We are all going to Sendai. 5 of them are Japanese.
Last Tuesday Elder L. Tom Perry spoke to us at our devotional. It was so good. He talked about the Book of Mormon. I loved listening to him bear testimony of it. Afterward we had our usual district testimony meeting. The Spirit was so strong. I love bearing my testimony, especially on the Book of Mormon. I know it is true and I love to read it everyday.
We hosted the new missionaries on Wednesday. It was fun! It brought back a lot of memories from when that was me. I hated that!!! Haha. If I only new what was ahead of me. This place has been great. We will be hosting tomorrow as well.
This past Fast Sunday was awesome. We had mission conference in the morning. It was pretty boring as usual. Ha. But sacrament meeting was great. All of the Senpai (older missionaries who will be leaving next week), sang a special musical number to "A Child's Prayer". The first verse was English, and the second was Japanese. One of the sister missionaries was the accomponist on the harp. It was so cool. I was also the pianist during sacrament meeting! It was so much fun.
Other than that we've just been getting ready to go!! We have had a lot of boring meetings. We are all super excited though. I can't wait to get to Japan. Thanks for all of your love and support. I appreciate everything. Next time we talk I will be across the world!
Sayonara!
Elder Ovard

No comments: