Hello Everyone!
Wow I can't believe another week has already gone by! This has by far been the fastest week so far for me. The Japanese missionaries are here and I LOVE them. They are always so happy and so much fun! I am so excited to be in Japan for 2 years. We try to talk to them as much as we can, but it still almost seems like another language! Ha. It will take a lot of time but I know it will help a lot to live there and be around it everyday.
There are 5 missionaries from this Japanese group going to Sendai. 3 Elders and 2 Sisters. In my district we have 7 of us going to Sendai. We all leave the same day so it will be nice to be able to fly with people who know what is going on. Ha.
So I'll tell you a little bit about the Japanese language and where I'm at right now. There are 2 different alphabets, and kanji. Hiragana and Katakana are the alphabets. They consist of like 46 characters each, with combinations. I've known the Hiragana for a while but this week I finally got the Katakana down. Katakana is basically for foreign words, such as Jesus Christ. I am now going to start learning some kanji too. Kanji is basically all the crazy symbols. It is a pretty crazy language but way cool!
Tomorrow I will be hosting the new missionaries that come in!! I'm way excited to have this opportunity. We will probably be doing it tomorrow and next week. On Friday we will be getting our flight plans!! Woohoo. It is so crazy. The time is flying by. The last group of missionaries that went to Sendai flew to Seoul Korea, then to Sendai. So we'll see what happens. I would kind of like to fly into Tokyo and then bullet train it to Sendai. Either way, it will be a blast!!
I love you all. I know this church is true. I am so happy and excited to be a missionary. I love reading the scriptures and learning all I can about the Gospel. It is all so great! I can't wait to share this message with the people of Japan. Take Care,
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment