Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Patience

Minasan Konnichiwa!
Genki desu ka? How is everyone?! Wow I can't believe another week has gone by and it's already p-day again. 7 weeks down, only 4 more to go! I am so excited to go to Japan! Since I've been locked up in this cage for 2 months, I kind of forgot what the real world is like! Ha ha.
Things are going great for me. Elder Taylor (my comp) and I are getting along really well. They are going to be re-modeling the gym starting tomorrow, so yesterday was our last day in the gym and last time to play basketball. They will be working on it for like 4 months. So I feel really bad for the Elders going foreign who are just coming in. But they will be opening the field up and I hear we can play softball!! So I'm definitely excited for that!

I taught the lesson in our District meeting on Sunday. It was on patience. It was the perfect lesson for me because patience has been the Christlike attribute I have been striving to achieve over the past couple weeks. I talked about the Sons of Mosiah in Mosiah 28, and how they wanted to do missionary work and share the gospel with the Lamanites. It wasn't easy for them and they had many struggles and afflictions. In Alma 26, the Lord gives them counsel to BE PATIENT! Of all things, he tells them to be patient through their afflictions and he will give them success. It must be pretty important! I also used President Uchtdorfs talk from this past Priesthood Session on Patience. It's awesome and I challenge all of you to read it. I know that as we're patient we open the door for the Lord to bless us.
I love you all! Take Care,
Ovard Choro

1 comment:

McKenzi and Matt Irvin said...

I love reading your letters! it is so fun to have them posted so we can keep up on what is going on! We love and miss you!