Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Monday, April 26, 2010

8 down, 3 to go....

Well it hasn't been the most exciting week here in the MTC. Not a whole lot has changed but tomorrow we will be getting more Japanese missionaries! I'm way excited for them. They are lots of fun.

On Friday we had a day of only speaking Japanese. Only Japanese for the ENTIRE day!! It was really hard and frustrating but it helps a lot to SYL (speak your language).

So just a quick little story I'd like to share...After I recieved my mission call, I was driving home from college one day and decided to take a stop at the temple visitors center. I mostly wanted to take a look at the Japanese Book of Mormon, but while I was there I also decided to watch a movie (short 5 min. video) called "Finding Happiness" in Japanese. As I watched the video I was basically in aw, and didn't know how I was going to learn this language! It was also devastating to look at the Book of Mormon too!

Well, 2 months later, I'm in the MTC and my teacher is going to show us the video "Finding Happiness". I was excited because I had seen it before! This time I was able to actually hear words and even knew what was being said at times! It made me really happy to see how far I have come in only a couple months. I now can also read the Book of Mormon too. I might not be able to understand it or know what is being said, but I can at least read it. I am so thankful for how far I have come and for all the help the Lord has given me.

I also finished reading the Book of Mormon last night!!! Ah it feels so good. I have been wanting to do that for a really long time. My testimony has grown so much as I have read it. I know it is true and that Jopeph Smith translated it through the power of God. I promise you that if you will read it everyday you will be blessed.

I can't wait to get to Japan and share this message with the Japanese people. This work is so great!!!

I love you all!!!!

No comments: