Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, August 28, 2011

TD has a haircut!

Hey everyone! How`s things goin back in the good ol` USA? Not gonna lie, not too much happened over the past few days but I`ll do my best to make things interesting! I guess I shouldn`t say `interesting` considering every day is a story in itself haha.



Well we still haven`t been able to meet with our investigators yet! :( It is kind of a bummer not being able to meet and teach them but at least we are still talking with them through the phone. August is just a busy time of year but I do think things will open up soon. It`s just kind of frustrating!! Patience is a virtue ;)


Tomorrow we`re heading over to an area near Miyako for service. A few elders from Aomori will be coming down as well. We`re gonna be 8-man`n it in the apartment for a couple nights. Look out!!


A few days ago we were riding our bikes and I had a feeling to look back for T.D. Choro. I did, and he wasn`t there. I stopped and waited for a minute or two before deciding to turn around and go find him. After pumping back up the hill and turning a slight corner I saw him walking with his bike while lifting the back tire off the ground. He had a little accident haha. I missed it once again but apparantly he bike just went whack on him. The rear derailleur (back bottom gear switch) just decided it didn`t want to work anymore and the next thing you know it was jammed up into his spokes and left T.D. on the ground. That explained it! Haha. We were left to walking the rest of the day but T.D. Choro was able to get it fixed up by the next day. One of the funniest parts of the story is that he had been complaining about his bike all day. Now he really did have something to complain about! Ha.

Yesterday was church. T.D. Choro figured he needed a haircut so he decided to take his face shaver to his head. I asked him if he was sure about it and he was confident. Let`s just say it resulted in very little hair. It did get some smiles out of the members though! :)


On our way home last night we were riding through the college and came across a cool kid! He was playing basketball, but didn`t have a hoop. Just street-ball. He let us watch him a bit, take a video, and we exchanged contact info. He was way good!!! He was from Hokkaido. It`s always fun to meet people from up there :) We`re hoping to get him, as well as a lot of other people we have found to some of our upcoming activities. This week we are having a bagel party! T.D. Choro throws down on some good bagels and we think these Japanese people will have a little fun with it. Hopefully we can make it a success.

The gospel is true. Jesus Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. I am thankful for the Atonement in my life. I need it everyday. I know that as we rely on Him, He will lift us and strengthen us. I love you all. Thanks for all you do for me. You`re the best!! Take Care.


Elder Ovard


                                                          Rika's cute little daughter!






                                                         Cute little Japanese girls.

No comments: