Well another week down and another handful of changes! Haha. I guess I`ll start off with the biggest news of the week and believe it or not, the Sendai mission is re-opening!!! Yay!! We got a call from President on Wednesday informing us of the news and telling us that Elders Shaw and Taylor, both living in our apartment, would be 2 of the 24 missionaries heading back. I`m still in here in Teine for a little bit longer. I have no problem with that because I think we might be able to see a baptism soon!! :) It was a real big surprise for everybody that the mission would be re-opening this soon. The Aomori and Niigata Zones are the only ones open for now and from what I`ve heard Morioka could be next ;) I did talk with a couple investigators from Morioka this past week over the phone and they are doing awesome. One of the sweet ladies is scheduled for baptism the first part of June and is really looking forward to it. I`m not real sure when other parts of the mission will open but I think it could coincide with the transfer schedule. This transfer ends at the end of this month.
It`s raining cats and dogs out there today and according to the weather forecast it doesn`t seem to stop any time soon. It does seem to have warmed up a bit this past week though so that`s always a plus. There is definitely a lot of baseball going on around here and I`ve even had to step off the bike for a bit to play with them. I`ve actually found it`s quite an effective way of talking to people! :) I`m still not sure whether or not we`re gonna be able to make it to a pro game but at a fireside we had last night my investigator did talk with President about it haha. I`ll keep prayin.
So I decided to make a new journal this past week. This journal is for miracles I see everyday. The only problem is- it seems like I`m only writing in the `Journal of Miracles` now! Haha. It`s true though. It was another week of blessings. Fukuoka is doing awesome. We made it over to his apartment the other day to have a lesson. It was my first time in his place and it was decked out! He`s a way cool kid. We talked about the Book of Mormon and gaining a testimony of it. We read from the introduction including the first and last 2 paragraphs. We asked him what he thought he needed to do and he answered perfectly. He said he needed to 1- Read the book, 2- Think about it, and 3- Pray to know the truth. But that wasn`t all. He basically taught us how we need to apply the things we learn as well! Wow!! It was awesome. We got an email from him the next day saying that he had a friend he wanted to introduce us to. What?!! Is this kid for real? We met with them a few days later, had fun talking some `english` with them, and even got him some interest in the gospel. His friends name is Takuya. We gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and have another appointment scheduled for tonight :) Oh ya before I forget- Fukuoka basically jointed for the lesson as he bore a strong testimony about how the gospel has helped him. I love this kid. He had club sports scheduled for Sunday so we weren`t planning on him coming to church that day. But as we were waiting at the bus stop Sunday morning we got a call from him telling us that he thought he had better come to church instead so he rushed over. Wow. He teaches me so much.
Church was awesome. We sat right in front of the old lady everybody loves. She seems a little hard of hearing and not only does she not have the most appealing voice to the ears, but she can`t seem to follow along right either haha. We would finish singing a verse and she`d still have another line to go! Haha bless her heart. It was a wonderful fast and testimony meeting though. I`m always so touched by the testimonies of these humble saints. Even though there are only about 70 members in the ward, they still line up every week to bear their testimony. They take advantage of every chance they have. The gospel is true no matter where we are. We are all God`s children and He knows us each and every one of us individually. I`m grateful for the knowledge we have. I love you all and am thankful for all your support. Have an awesome week and take care!
オバード 長老
No comments:
Post a Comment