Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter?!?!

Hey friends and fam! :) How is everybody doin? It`s pouring rain over here right now and to be honest with you hasn`t warmed up a whole lot either :( haha. But things are still awesome. It`s been another week full of the Spirit, miracles, and FUN! :) We had a training meeting on Tuesday with our Zone, and afterwards President directly told us about transfers. Boy were there some changes to be made! Good thing is I`m staying here in Teine. My beloved Kobayashi Choro was transfered and my new comp comes from the `Land Down Under` haha. His name is Elder Lawry and he`s from Australia. President pulled both of us into his office when he told us the changes and he also told us we would be getting a `son` :). We`re training together! Haha. Our new missionary is Elder Shinno. Yes, he`s Japanese. He`s from Chiba, a place right next to Tokyo. So right now we are in a 3 some and there are 5 Elders living in our small apartment. But we`re makin it work! So things have defintely changed up a bit. Elder Lawry and I are the Zone Leaders, and our Zone even doubled in size as well!! We now have the biggest Zone in the mission consisting of about 25 missionaries. So we got a party goin on over here haha. It is a lot of fun though to have Australian, Canadian, Japanese, and American cultures all living together. We`ve been workin real hard to keep Elder Lawry under control about his `vegemite` haha. I was actually in the MTC with him and we came to Japan at the same time so we were both real excited to get together again. And Elder Shinno is amazing. Even though he`s a new missionary, he`s awesome!! He actually lived up here in Hokkaido before the mission for college so he knows a ton of members here. He was originally called to Sendai.



So we finally got everything settled in and got out to work. It was another week of miracles. We have a lot of really good young people on the line that we can hopefully get progressing, but our strongest is still Fukuoka-san. He came to church yesterday!! BTW- even though it was Easter yesterday we didn`t do anything?! We were all a little surprised that even at church nothing was celebrated. But anyway, we met with Fukuoka the night before at a restaraunt and taught him about the Plan of Salvation. Wow. Even though it wasn`t the most spiritual environment, there was still a strong spirit felt. He had told us previously before that his dad had passed away when he was young so I was really interested into how he would react about after-life. He loved it! His whole coutenance changed and I could see a hope come into his life that he never had before. He wants to see his dad again in the Celestial Kingdom!! It was such a wonderful lesson. He is scheduled for baptism on the 29th of May and I think will definitely be ready! :)


How lucky are we to have the Plan of Salvation? How blessed we are that our loving Heavenly Father would give His Only Begotten Son so that the plan could be fulfilled. I have really been able to reflect on our Savior and His Atonement and Resurrection, especially during this Easter season. I`m so grateful for that blessing. I know our Savior lives and is our Redeemer. This message is amazing! I love you all and thank you for all your support. Take Care.


Elder Ovard

No comments: