Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last One In Sapporo

Well family and friends, all good things must come to an end, but it has definitely been one to remember. This past week, and my time here in Sapporo has been a highlight of my mission and something I will remember and cherish forever. I love this place, and I love these people. I am grateful for the kindness and love of my dear Mission President and Wife- the Daniels. They are wonderful and will be eternal friends as well as all the Sapporo missionaries. It`s been a blast :)

It was announced during one of our trainings on Thursday morning that ALL Sendai misisonaries will be returning. All of the areas will not be opening but all missionaries will be going back. We got a call from President Tateoka back in Sendai this morning and I will be returning back to Morioka :) Elder Shinno will continue to be my companion and I will be Zone Leader with an Elder named Ohira. It will be a 4 man area. I am more than excited for this upcoming opportunity as well! I have continued to keep in contact with Rika-san throughout my time here in Sapporo and she is scheduled for baptism the first weekend in June. We are super excited to get back and help her prepare for that. We will also be having a Mission Conference on Thursday, and then have the opportunity to do a service project on Friday :)


Fukuoka Takahiro got baptized!!!!!!!! Yay!!! It was awesome. I have never met a person more prepared to hear the gospel in my life. This week we were able to finish teaching him all the commandments, hold his baptismal interview, and get things taken care of. It was an amazing service. I was lucky and got to perform the baptism :) Afterwards he was able to bear his testimony and I think he just about blew everybody away. He came with a prepared, typed up talk haha. He also bore a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation and about how much peace and happiness it has brought into his life. He also mentioned his coming in contact with the missionaries and how at first he was only interested in a `cool` American and `English` haha but then gradually became interested in the message as well. He will be such a strong member :) Sunday we had his confirmation and something that was mentioned within his blessing was that he will be a great missionary. When we asked him about that he didn`t have much to say, but c`mon- it`s only been a month and a half! Haha. I know he will be a wonderful missionary and leader of the church someday. I am thankful for the cool kid he is and for the friendship we have been able to make.


This work is amazing no matter where you are. I`m definitely excited about returning to the Sendai area and helping the people down there, but I will always remember the friends I have made and the time I have been able to spend up here in Sapporo. I have learned many things and have seen the Lord`s hand in more ways than one. I am especially grateful for the people He places in my path and for the opportunity I have to see the gospel make a change in their lives. I love this! I love you all and hope you have an awesome week. Thanks for everything. Take Care.


Elder Ovard

No comments: