Konnichiwa! I know I say this often but I can`t believe another week has already come and gone! It`s crazy. This past week has been so awesome though. We are continuing to see miracles and the Lord`s hand in all things.
I got my bike from Sendai this past week! Haha it was nice to get on a bigger bike as I have been riding one of the members around for the past few weeks. It was a little small, had a little bit of an embarassing helmet, and was pretty much a grandpa bike. But then agaiin, that`s your typical Japanese bike! Haha. They ride bikes everywhere here. Everybody. Drivers licenses are expensive, and there really isn`t a whole lot of room to park cars so I guess it does make things a little more convinient. They also have to watch really close when driving cars because so many people are walking and on bikes. Kind of different huh? I was grateful for the bike I had though as it definitely did the job.
Well it still is a little chilly but it is almost May and you know what that means...baseball season!! Yay!! Ever since coming to Japan I have wanted to go to a pro baseball game but have not yet had the chance. Well Sapporo does have a team, and I just might have the investigator to go! :) Of course I still have not yet talked with President about this so it is all just a dream, but my hopes are high!! ;) Last week I mentioned a kid named `Fukuoka`. He is doing so good!! We met with him a couple times this past week, played sports with him, and he also came to church again!! He has such a good head, and his prayers are amazing. We taught him about the Restoration this week and will teach him the Plan of Salvation next meeting. I think the Plan of Salvation will really help him because his dad passed away when he was young. I love this kid!! He is also the investigator who like baseball :) While riding the bus back from church and playing sports he busted out his cell phone and had the baseball game playing. Ah it was heaven! Haha. We have been talking about going to a game on the 30th so I guess I will just pray it can work out.
I got a call from an investigator back in Morioka this past week. I had talked with her a few days before and she mentioned to me that she would be meeting with President Tateoka on Friday. Well they met and I did talk with her afterwards. She said she was going to get baptized!! I was so happy!!! This investigator is Rika-san. She was the mom with a couple kids. Her baptism date is for the beginning of June. I also got an email from President Tateoka today informing me of the meeting and that she wanted either me or Elder Narita, my last comp, to perform the baptism :) Ya, I don`t know how that`s gonna work considering we`re both here in Sapporo now but it was still good news. When I talked with her a few days before she was having a little bit of a tough time. I knew she was calling me for help, but I really didn`t know what to do. I remembered my scripture study from that morning and that I had prayed to be able to use the things I would learn throughout the day. Well, I opened up my Book of Mormon and was able to share a few scriptures from Helaman 5 with her. The Spirit came and she felt comfort!! I was so thankful for the guidance of the Spiit in leading me to help her out. This work is amazing. God lives and loves us. I`m thankful to be a missionary. Hope all is well for all of you. Have an awesome week!!
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment