Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mau Suzuki was baptized!

Holy smokes another week has already gone by! My mission is awesome. Things are going so good here in Japan. It`s been a week of a few ups and downs as we had a couple investigators potentially drop us, but things are still great! I`ll get through the sad stuff first, then the good stuff!
Kowaguchi San didn`t come through with her baptism. We called her earlier in the week to see if she was still good for one of our appointments, and she said she couldn`t meet and then politely said she refused baptism. We still don`t really know why or what is going on with her. It was really hard to hear her say that. We`re gonna try and contact her sometime this week and see what is going on. She is all over the place! Whatever happens will be for the best though. The other investigator is Kuramono San. She is a way sweet lady but her family is really against religion so we think that is why she said she can`t meet. It was so hard to these things. But, even though it was hard to have this happen, Elder Mitsuda and I still kept our heads up and didn`t get too discouraged. We know that as long as we are working hard and doing our best, then that`s all that matters. Whatever happens is in the Lord`s hands!
Yesterday Mau Suzuki was baptized!! It was so good! She is 8 years old. Her mom is the only member in the family, and isn`t very strong. It was so cool though. Mau is so cute and has such a sweet little spirit about her!
Thursday evening as Elder Mitsuda and I were housing an apartment, we had quite an experience. We came to the door and noticed that the keys were still in the lock. We rang the doorbell and a lady answered on the speaker phone. She said she was busy and didn`t have interest but before we left we tried to tell her that she forgot her keys in the door. She didn`t really understand, so I grabbed the keys and started shaking them. Apparantly that was a bad idea though because the lady started screaming really loud!! So I took off running! Haha. Mitsuda Choro thought something might have happened inside but I knew why she was screaming. He stayed there asking if everything was ok. Then He told me that she said she was going to call the cops. I thought- Ya think?!! Haha she thinks we`re trying to break into her house!! Haha Mitsuda Choro didn`t have any clue the lady thought we were trying to break in. It was so funny. My heart was pounding. It was definitely an adrenaline rush! Haha. Later I found out the woman was in the bathtub haha. I didn`t catch that part of the contact though. Haha. It was quite the contact! We were laughing the rest of the night. I love Mitsuda Choro :)
Japan is awesome! I love it so much. The language is tough, but I love it! I learn more and more everyday. It is such an awesome language, it`s just takes time. But I love my mission! Thank you all for your prayers, love, and support. It means a lot. This church is true and I`m so thankful for it. Have an awesome week!
Elder Ovard

**Last P-Day we went to the beach with a few members. It is beautiful! Notice I wrote my name in the sand :)

No comments: