Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Changes with Zone Conference

Konnichiwa Minasan!!
Wow I can`t believe another week has already gone by! It really is crazy how fast time is flying by. Things are going great though. It has been an awesome week. We have been really busy and had a lot going on, but that is what makes everything so good!
Thursday we had Zone Conference in Koriyama. We found out some interesting new changes too! We will now be having Zone Conferences only every 3 months. We used to have them every month. Interviews with the mission president will also only be every 3 months. There will also be training for leaders held in Sendai every month that lasts for 3 days. (My comp is District Leader so that means we`ll be spending some time in Sendai) Holy smokes! Haha. It is kind of interesting but all of this came from the Missionary Department so it must be for the best! Zone Conference was awesome though. I always learn so much and the Spirit is always so strong. It`s also nice to spend time with the other missionaries and get to know them.
We didn`t end up having Kowaguchi`s baptism this week but we will be having it next Sunday!! I am so excited for it. I have been kind of nervous lately wondering if she`s even ready yet, but this week things went really well and I feel like she has a really strong desire and is ready!
We will also be having another baptism along with Kowaguchi! She is an 8 year old girl. Her name is Mau Suzuki. She is so cute! She comes from a part member family. The mom is the only member, but she isn`t the strongest either. We have been visiting with their family for a while now, but we hadn`t ever really committed Mau to baptism. Our Branch President told us to just do it, so we did. And she said yes! It was so cool! Haha that was all we needed to do! So Elder Mitsuda and I are way excited for both of these baptisms next week :)
Saturday President Tateoka came to Iwaki. Sister Tateoka has a broken foot, so He came by himself. We were only planning on having him come to our nightly planning session, but he called earlier in the day and said he wanted to make it to one of our lessons. I was SO nervous! Haha. It was awesome though. The lesson was with Brother Onodera, our most recent convert. It went way good. After our planning session in the evening, we had our interviews with him. Something funny is that we talked about baseball for quite a while! Haha. He even shared some experiences about playing with people while He was on His mission. I love President Tateoka! He is such an awesome man. Before He left, He offered a prayer and the Spirit was so strong. He blessed us and I felt so comforted and loved not only by Him, but also my Heavenly Father.
So it has been a really busy and exciting week! I love Japan. I know this is where I`m supposed to be and what I`m supposed to be doing. This work is amazing! I love you all. Thank you for everything! Take Care and have a good week!
Ovard Choro

No comments: