Hey everyone! How`s everything goin back home? You all gettin your turkeys ready or what? I`ve got mine ready! ;) Haha. It will be another one to remember here in Japan. I am grateful for the package I recieved from my fam and will be happy to share and spend another one with my boy Elder Juchau! Haha we`re gonna be headin down to Joetsu for splits Thurs and Fri.
I can`t believe another week has gone by. Time flies!! It`s been a good one though. We`ve still got a lot to learn about the area and what is needed but we are getting closer everyday! I love the branch here. The members are awesome! Yesterday we had the primary program, which consisted of a family of 4, ha but it was so cute. I love children, especially Japanese!! They don`t get any cuter. I`m tempted to take one back with me!
We met with an investigator named Katsuko this week. She was found by the previous elders right before transfers. She is a single lady in her 40`s and even came having read the first part of the Book of Mormon! She believes everybody has their `own` God, however, so we`ll have to help her learn about Heavenly Father and help her pray to Him. It looks like we`ll be able to meet with her at least once a week so hopefully she can keep progressing and eventually obtain her own testimony. Other than that we haven`t been able to pick up much thus far so it looks like we`ll be hittin the pavement! Or even better start working with and through our members.
We went to our weekly english class, or `old folk get together` for the first time on Wednesday haha. It looks like we`ll need to put some work into that as well. Of the 8 students, most of them are over 50 and have been attending long before my time on earth. But it seems like they`re all good friends and even have pretty decent english! Ha I`d like to try and visit some high schools, something we did in Morioka, and advertise eikaiwa wherever we can!
Nagaoka is a beautiful place. It rains like crazy here but we did set a new record of 2 days in a row with no rain! Ha. Before long it will all turn into snow. That`s all I hear about over here- how much it snows! There is a nice river that runs through the city. It`s called the shinano river and is the longest river in Japan! That`s actually where Nagaoka gets it`s name from. There are a few bridges that run over it making for a nice ride.
We`re off to the other side of the country from here for a day of service tomorrow. We take an hour train into Niigata then have a 4 hour bus ride from there. Lots of traveling but it`s a pretty drive. We`ll be getting back into Nagaoka tomorrow evening and will be out again Thursday. So we don`t have tons of time here this week but do have good things going with the time we do have. It will go fast!! I`m starting to feel my time running out and want to do all I can to make the most of it. I love my mission!! I love these people. I love the Book of Mormon. And I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ :) Thank you all for all your love and support. I have the best family and friends in the world. Hope you have a good week. Take Care.
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment