Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, September 18, 2011

More SERVICE with LOVE!

Hey friends and fam. How`s everybody doin? Coolin down over there yet? We were housing an apartment last night and about died it was so hot. Then we got up this morning to go for a run and mother nature just about called for a jacket!!! Gads I couldn`t believe it. Almost like it went from summer to winter overnight! It`ll probably warm up again sometime this week again but I guess we are headed that way aren`t we.


It`s been an awesome week!! We were blessed with the opportunity of doing service again. The job we did wasn`t anything out of the ordinary (shoveling dirt and cleaning up people`s yards) and everything seemed to be the normal routine. But this time something was different! I tried to go about the day in a spirit of love and thankfulness towards the people we served and it made all the difference in the world. Not to say that I haven`t enjoyed the past projects (they have been experiences of a lifetime!) I just felt like I got more out of the opportunity as I tried to serve in the spirit of love. These people hold a special place in my heart and I will be forever grateful for their examples to me. I have become good friends with some of the people at the volunteer center in Miyako and was even able to take some fun pics with them :) Chiba, my favorite dude with the long hair, tapped me on the bum when we got there and told me they had been waiting for us. It`s so precious to know that these people really do appreciate the efforts of others.


We are now working with a new investigator who we have been able to meet through english class! Her name is Eriko. She is married, in her 30`s, and seems so prepared to hear the gospel. We have talked with her about the Plan of Salvation and she has many questions! She even came to church yesterday and had a wonderful experience, but didn`t feel worthy to be there with such pure people. I was happy that she was able to recognize the light in the faces of the members, but also sad that she felt that way about herself. We have been encouraging her and are exciting to teach her about the blessings the gospel has in store for her :) She is a sweet lady. I`m thankful for the Atonement. The more I study about it, the more I realize I am in need of it each and every day. The church is a hospital for sinners, not a sanctuary for saints!


We`ve got an activity coming up this Friday with the branch called `Mormon Music`. Us elders are gonna try and do a couple songs too :) Thankfully I`ll be on the piano and won`t be hurting anybody`s ears with my voice ha. We`re excited though. I`m thankful to be in Japan, and more specifically here in Morioka. I hope I can do something to strengthen these people during my time. I`m blessed to be a missionary!! I can`t believe how fast the clock is ticking down. Thank you all for your love and support. I love you all!! Have an awesome week. Take Care.


Elder Ovard









No comments: