Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Elder Aoyagi

Hola familia y amigos!!! Haha. Maybe just a little bit different. How you all doing?? Starting to cool down over there yet? I think we may be headed that way over here. And I believe it`s 9/11 over there right now. I would like to give a big thanks to all the troops. My comp and I were thinkin about things!! It has been such an awesome week out here on the mission. A lot of good has happened and I feel so blessed to be out here right now.

We had Zone Conference this past week and we were extremely blessed to have Elder Aoyagi of the Seventy attend. He is Japanese, from the Tokyo area. He spoke in General Conference a year or so ago. It was one of the best Zone Conference`s I`ve ever been too. There is something special about the leaders of our church. The Spirit radiates off them like nothing else and it is a confirmation to me that we are lead by a living prophet. I wish I could give you an account of everything I learned and felt at the conference but unfortunately I don`t have the time for it. He did show us one video that was used at the recent EFY held in Kyoto, Japan. It was titled, `Your Jesus, Where Is He?` It was a sweet little video. Some people say Jesus died, was resurrected, and now lives in heaven with Heavenly Father. Another might say he visits us every once in a while. But according to the video, Jesus is right beside us. He is with us every where we go!! We just need to make sure we`re worthy to be in his presence. I love the picture of the Savior knocking at the door. If we look closely, there`s no knob. We`re the ones who need to open the door! I hope to always have my door open to the Savior. As I`ve tried to see my Savior by my side as I pray and go about my different activities, I have felt His love more abundantly. I encourage you to do the same!


We had another exciting week of activities as well. On Friday evening we had a crepe party and Saturday we played sports to work it all off haha. I didn`t do too much of the cooking, but I will tell you that the crepes were good!! :) T.D. Choro worked really hard and thanks to him and a couple of the members we were able to have a good time. It has been good for the members to get together outside of our weekly worship service and for investigators and non-members to spend fun time at the church.


Still not a whole lot of progress with our investigators:(. We are finding lots of good people, just gotta pray a little bit harder that we can get them to the next step! We will get there though. Patience is still a virtue and the Lord is in charge of His work so we`ll just keep doin what we can!! I love you all. Thank you for all the kindness you show to me. I hope to give it back to you someday. The mish is great!!! Take Care.


Elder Ovard






No comments: