We met Wednesday morning at the mission home and spent time with President and Sister Rasmussen and the other new missionaries. We made it back to Morioka that evening just in time for English Class. Everything was going normal until Thursday morning during personal study when he leaned over to me and told me his back was hurting so he was gonna go lay down and finish reading. Little did we know that he would be laying on his face for the next 12 hours!! Haha. I laugh as I say this but Elder T.D. is totally cool with it. He couldn`t really move his upper left back, nor his head. He mentioned how taking on a big head at the time brought a whole new meaning to the table haha. If we were to measure his head according to a baseball cap he said he would be a size 9. So I guess it does take a little effort! But anyway, he was laying on his belly not being able to do anything. He wanted a neck brace so he could at least get up and move but they apparently don`t sell them too easy here in Japan. He wasn`t gonna take that though so he decided to try and make his own. Out of cardboard! Haha. I helped him out and after some time we had something thrown together but I could tell it wasn`t gonna do the job. By the time evening had come I went out with another missionary living with us to the dollar store and we bought an airplane pillow with some other little gadgets. We returned to the apartment, threw it together, and tried to help T.D. Choro get on his feet. It worked! Haha. 12 and a half hours later T.D. Choro returned to life! Haha. He smiled the entire time and didn`t hardly complain. His first day in the mission field was definitley one for the record books though!
T.D. Choro is an awesome Elder. He is most recently from Denver but has lived in D.C. and traveled many different places. He speaks Hungarian, decent Spanish, a little Arabic, and is now working on Japanese. He comes from a brilliant family where everyone has or is going to Yale University. He loves to talk and could probably tell you about anything. Haha as we were eating lunch in the mission home one of the elders from Canada asked him if he knew who the last Canadian Prime Minister was- he answered it with ease haha. He`s got an awesome smile and is giving it everything he`s got :)
We met with one of our baptismal dates this past weekend and I really wanted to get him to church this Sunday. He had not yet been. His name is Onodera Migaku. He has come to activities in the past but not sacrament meeting yet. We taught him about the importance and blessing of coming to church. He didn`t think he could get up on time so we told him we would email him in the morning and swing by his place to pick him up at 9:30. He accepted and made it to sacrament meeting!! I was very happy for him and the faith he showed in coming to church.
The gospel is true! I am so thankful for it in my life. I am especially grateful for the blessing of having Prophets in our lives. I love reading the conference talks and learning about the revelation for our day. We are so blessed! I love you all and thank you for your kindness, love and support. I have the best family and friends in the world! :) Hope you have an awesome week. Take Care!
Elder Ovard
Trainers with the new Elders. Elder Ovard on the left with Tillemann-Dick Choro.
Trying to make a brace out of cardboard. Didn't work to well!
Almost there!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment