Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rika and Yugo's Baptism!!!


 Kawamura Rika and Yugo's baptism!  Yugo was baptized by Elder Narita, Rika was baptized by Elder Ovard.  This is a family Elder Ovard and Narita were working with when the earthquake happened.  It is good to be back in Morioka and see their progress. 


           Elder Ohira's 27th birthday!  Yes there are 27 donuts.  It only took him a week to eat them all.


Holy smokes where do I even begin?!! There has been so much going on this week and I have so many things that I want to share with all of you. I will try and focus so I don`t miss anything. It has all been so good though!! Most importantly, Kawamura Rika and Yugo got baptized!!!! Yay!! I will tell you more about it later but I have been jumping with joy for them over the past few days so I had to get that out there.


President Rassmussen made it in early last week and yes we did meet with him!! He came up to Morioka on Saturday and we held a Zone Conference. It was so good!! He is one of the nicest and most classy men I have ever met. Sister Rassmussen is the same!! They are both so sweet and I am so excited to be able to work with them from here on out. President served his first mission here back in the day and at that time it was called the `Japan Mission`. He even served in Iwaki, my first area!! He is such a nice guy and we all love him and are excited to be with him.


This morning we had transfer calls. President told me he had recieved revelation from the Lord and was going to bless my life by giving me a new missionary. Another one!! Haha. I will be staying here in Morioka but will be coming back with another companion. I have not yet met him but his name is Tillmann-Dick. President met him last week in the MTC and said he is a really nice guy. Supposively he is a convert to the church and I believe his family may be part of the Islam religion. Not real sure though. I will have to double check. I think he is most recently from Colorado but for the most part comes from New Jersey. President also said he is a smart kid and can speak a few different languages too including Arabic and Spanish. Holy smokes!! Haha I really don`t know anything but I am definitley excited to see what`s in store. President really wants me to focus on training this time as well so I will not have Zone Leader responsibilities this time. That`s a little bit of a relief! :) Shinno Choro will be transferring down to Sendai and serve in Nagamachi, the mission home area. I`m not gonna lie- it`s gonna be hard to let him go! He did so much for me and everyone around him. He is an awesome missionary and I am thankful for all he taught me. This also means I may have to start cooking some meals as well...oh boy!! Haha. Elders Ohira and Ishida will be staying here in Morioka as well.


It has been a crazy week trying to get everything ready for Sister Kawamura and her son`s baptism. But we made it work!! We held the interview on Friday and had the baptismal service on Saturday. It was one of the best services I have ever been too!! The Spirit was so strong and I was just so happy for the 2 of them!! One of the most exciting parts of their baptism was that Elder Narita, my companion from before here in Morioka, was able to attend the baptism!!! He came with President and Sister Rassmussen to the Zone Conference and they all attended the service. Before we entered the water the missionaries sang a special musical number. I played the piano while they sang `I`m Trying To Be Like Jesus`. It was so good!! Narita Choro performed Yugo`s baptism and I did Rika`s :) The Spirit was so strong. It felt like heaven to see them all dressed in white!! Rika was baptized first, and then her son followed. When they had finished, Yuika (Rika`s 2 year old little girl), wanted to get in the water too! Haha it was so cute. Her mom kept telling her that she had to wait till she was 8. That made me so happy. Now their family knows where they`re going!! To the Celestial Kingdom...forever!! :) After the service ended, the first thing Rika said to me was, "Now I`m happy :)."


The mission is full of miracles. It was a miracle to be able to meet with the Kawamura family. I love them and I`m so grateful to have had the opportunity to share the gospel with them. Now we gotta work hard with the branch to hold on to the fruits of our labors. I love this work!! I love you all. Hope you have an awesome week!!
Elder Ovard

No comments: