Hey fam and friends! Hope all is going well for you back home. It is so hot out here!! And humid. I can`t ever seem to cool down either. They don`t have central air conditioning/heating systems here although we do have a little over-head unit in our apartment. It definitely makes things hot though!!
We were able to help a couple out in the branch move into a new house this past week! It took a little bit longer than we expected but they treated us to an awesome buffet afterwards so there wasn`t any complaining haha.
It hasn`t been the most eventful week on the mish although we have still had good things happen. I don`t have too much time today because we are heading down to Sendai for a service project tomorrow so I will try and get the best points of the week out there. First, we are working with one really good investigator by the name of Onodera Migaku. He is a college student. He`s been an investigator for over a month now but is really starting to progress and become stronger. We meet with him 2-3 times per week. Recently we`ve been focusing on the Book of Mormon and prayer and knowing the truth through those things. It has helped him so much and it is so cool to see him start to pray with more intent and sincerity!! It definitely takes work though. He is scheduled for baptism on the 30th of this month but we`ve got lots to do in preparation for it.
I myself have had similar experiences in my own life as of late. I finished the Book of Mormon once again this past week!!!! Yay!! I love it. There is so much to learn from it and it gives me so much strength for each and everyday. My testimony of it grows more and more every time I open it up. As a missionary, I especially enjoy reading about the missionaries in the Book of Mormon and the experiences they had. It`s crazy how much we can relate to them! I`ve still got a long ways to go before I can become the fantastic missionaries they are, but I know that Heavenly Father has opened that door for me and that I do have that opportunity. It builds my faith!! I know that no matter where we are in life or no matter what we are doing, the Book of Mormon will lead and guide us along the way. I love it!! I encourage you to read it everyday.
We`ve got a pretty exciting week ahead of us so I will definitley fill you in with the details next week ;) I love and appreciate all you do. I wish you all the best! Thanks for being the best family and friends in the world!! Take Care.
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment