Hello Hello!
How is everybody doing?!! It`s been a while hasn`t it?! Ha I guess it`s only been a couple weeks but it doesn`t even feel like that! Time flies by out here. So, we watched conference last week! It was so good. We came to Sendai and watched it at the church. They had a separate room for the English version so that was nice. I thought it was so good! I don`t really remember a lot of the details so I`m glad they make Ensigns :) haha.
The work here in Tagajo is really slow right now. It`s been kind of a discouraging these past couple weeks as far as the numbers go, although that isn`t what measures a successful missionary. Our "commitment" to the work is what is important and I feel like we can be doing a little bit more. It`s been really sad with two of our best investigators lately. We haven`t met with either of them for a couple weeks now. We have contacted them though and set up appointments. I hope they will still have the desire they once had!
I gave a talk in church yesterday on "priorities". I was a little nervous and didn`t do the most preparing but I still think it went well :) haha. I talked about the title of liberty given by Moroni in the book of Alma, and how we need to remember or God, Religion, and our Families. They are pretty basic but also can be hard at the same time. Sometimes it`s the little things that give us the biggest reward!
Tagajo is an awesome area, but there still is nothing like my first area Iwaki. I was spoiled! haha. The members here are really nice and amazing, but I`m still working on building a stronger relationship with them. We don`t work with them or do as much with them. Tagajo is a really big area and everybody is really spread out. The other day we biked to a few less-actives houses and it was a work-out!! I think we probably biked 15 miles and it was up and down! It`s good for me though :)
We recently had a training given by Pres Tateoka on the Atonement. It was so good and my testimony of the Atonement was strengthened even that much more. The Atonement is everything. Without it, Heavenly Fathers plan could not be fulfilled and we would be nothing. I`m so grateful for the sacrifice not only our Savior made, but His Father as well. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to give your Only Begotten Son. And our Savior was ready and willing. The Atonement is so real and I`m so thankful for it. I love you all. Thank you so much for your love and support. It means so much!! Take care and have an awesome week!!!
Elder Ovard
1 comment:
I love to read your letters and see how great you are doing! We are proud of you Blake!
Post a Comment