Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Letter to mom and dad

I asked Blake a few questions in my email.  I thought It might be interesting to know a few things about where he is living, and life in Japan.  This is all I have.  I need to keep asking questions. ha.  He has a twenty minute train ride and a twenty minute walk to get to a computer to email us so we are really greatful he makes the effort to do so.  It takes him 40 minutes one way. He has a sweet companion right now who will be going home after the next transfer.  Elder Ovard really is trying to make it a positive experience for him before he goes home.

Hi mom and dad,
Holy smokes it was good to hear everything. So much new news!!! I don`t have much time so I better be quick. First of all, next week is transfers so pday won`t be till wednesday. If Elder swenson is transfering, we probably won`t get to email so it could be another couple weeks. I`m not really sure what`s going to happen. Things have still been a little crazy but it`s good. I`ve grown so much and that it will probably end up being good for me. Mom you asked about him (Elder Swenson)- He`s interesting.  We seem to spend a lot of time trying to work out our relationship which I can`t figure out whether it`s good or bad. Anyway, I think his family is good? Not real sure. He`s really smart!!
I got the package!!!! Thank you so much. It was so good. I loved everything. it was perfect. I want to get you all a package soon. Sorry it`s taking so long! ha.
Our apartment is really nice. It`s part of like a 14 story apartment. We`re on the 3rd floor. It`S been pretty warm around here lately. Yes, we sleep on futons. It`S not bad. I`m always so beat at the end of the night I could probably sleep on the sidewalk and be just fine.
You asked about the mission home. It`S in Nagamachi. Like 20 minutes out of the city.
Well, things have been getting better as D.L. I`m getting more used to the responsibilites and everything. It`s still tough though! Lots of work. I`m just a little disappointed with the work here right now. I think it will get better though.
I really don`t know waht is happening with Swenson choro. It will be interesting. I guess if i don`t email you next week then he is transferring.
I don`t need any clothes or anything for christmas. I have it all and I`m fine!!!! my shirts and everything are doing good. No worries.
I can`t wait to hear about Lonne and Nancy!!!!
Well, I better get going. Thanks for everything. I really am so thankful for our fam. It`s the best.  I love you all. Things are going good. I`ve learned so much and have definitely grown :) and time is flying!! before we know it we`ll be talkin. we`ll figrue that out later. Anyways, I better go. Have a good one! Oh ya- it`s ok to send me the other emails. (I send him a few emails from his missionary friends)  I can print them off and take them :) Love ya!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: