Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, August 15, 2010

God is on my side! Next time I'll listen.

Wow it has been such an awesome week here in Japan! I really can`t believe it`s already P-Day again! Time is flying by. Yesterday we had Elder Aoyagi come to our branch. He is a member of the Seventy. It was amazing!! I played the organ during sacrament so I got to sit on the stand with him :) He is way cool though! And so is his wife haha. He gave such an awesome talk. I was a little nervous that I wasn`t going to be able to understand anything, but surprisingly I didn`t do too bad! He talked about the Plan of Salvation and how Christ is the center of it. He had so much power to his words and the Spirit was so strong. After church we ate lunch with Elder and Sister Aoyagi, the District President, and our Branch President and His wife. Then we were able to get a picture with them! It was such an awesome experience. I also found out that He used to be the Mission President here in Sendai like 25 years ago. His wife said it`s the best mission in all of Japan! Haha.
We were able to get a service oppurtunity in this week! It`s kind of rare to do service here in Japan. We helped the Nakamura`s (Our Investigators) out with some yard work. I think it was the first time I`ve actually enjoyed doing yard work! Ha mostly just cause it was something different for once :) They are such a sweet family, they just don`t really understand the importance of our message. They don`t see the difference between our church and all the other ones. We`re meeting with them again this week to finish up some yard work, then we`re going to share a message that will hopefully help them out!
I had quite the experience on the bike this past week. We had a lesson with an investigator who lives up a huge hill. The lesson went a little long, and we had another one planned for afterwards. So we were running a little bit late. As we were rushing down the hill trying to get to our next appointment, I had the feeling that I should hit my brakes a little bit and slow down. I was going too fast though, and having too much fun so I didn`t do anything! Haha. Then the impression came to me again that I should slow down a little bit but of course I didn`t. At the bottom of the hill there`s a pretty busy street that we have to cross. The light was green though so we were good to cross without having to stop. As I was crossing the street, I noticed a car attempting to turn. I thought they saw me but apparantly they didn`t cause the next thing I knew I was running into the front of the car! Haha. I got hit by a car! Somehow nothing really happened though. I was still able to stay on my feet, and my bike was perfectly fine. I don`t really know how the car was. It was crazy though! The people were really nice and hurried out to make sure everything was ok. I was mostly just laughing though! Haha. I guess that`s what I get for not listening to the Spirit when it tells me to slow down. Thankfully I`m a missionary and have God on my side or else I`d probably be dead right now. haha jk.
I love you all. I know this gospel is true with all my heart. There is no greater happiness than living the gospel and striving to become more like our Savior. Have an awesome week!
Elder Ovard
Elder Aoyagi, Elder Mitsuda, Elder Ovard and Sister Aoyagi


Zone Conference August 2010

1 comment:

McKenzi and Matt Irvin said...

Glad you are okay! That's pretty scary! Love ya