Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Awesome Week!

It`s been another awesome week here in Japan! :) On Friday we went to another Festival, but this time we went with some investigators so it was actually really effective! We went with Iwakami-San and a couple of his friends- `O` and `So`. They`re college students and way cool! `O` and `So` are Chinese but their Japanese is perfect. I talked with `O` for most of the night and it was so good! He was way cool. My Japanese still isn`t very good, but I do think we were able to have a pretty good conversation. His English isn`t too bad either! Ha. I ended up giving him a Book of Mormon and He took it so well. We`re going to meet up again with them this week!

We met with the Nakamura Family, the mom and daughter, on Saturday and had a really good talk with them. They just won`t change! She still thinks all religion is the same. The thing I`m most sad about is that she won`t read and pray about the Book of Mormon. She won`t even give it a chance! It`s so hard to see that. I love them though. They are such sweet people. We planned to help them with some more yard work, but we ended up talking a little too long so we weren`t able to work. We`re gonna go back this week and do a little yard work with them! :)
I love the Iwaki branch. The members here are amazing! They are all so kind and sweet. We have a barbeque this Saturday that will be really fun! I`m hoping we have a lot of people show up. I also have to give a talk in church on Sunday! Ugh! Haha I`m a little bit nervous. The subject is `Missionary Work`. I don`t really know what I`m gonna do so hopefully I can come up with something! Ha.
I love you all and am so thankful for everything! Have an awesome week!!
Elder Ovard

No comments: