Hey family and friends! It`s been another fantastic week in Japan and one I definitely won`t forget!! The mission conference with Elder Oaks, Elder Hallstrom, Elder Aoyagi, and their respective wives was awesome!! I couldn`t have asked for a better 2 year anniversary :) Elder Oaks is the man. We took a picture with him to start things off, then each missionary had the opportunity to shake his hand. It was the first time in my life I met an apostle of the Lord! He was way nice. He asked where I was from and when I told him , `Santa Clara, UT`, he began to tell me how he would be attending a stake conference there on the 18th of March. I told him that I had heard and was excited to see him there! Haha. He took another look at my name tag and told me to be sure to say hello and shake his hand at the stake conference as well :) It was a lot of fun! He has a really sweet wife too. She did speak a little Japanese and as a returned missionary from the Sendai mission it was fun to hear about her experience. Elder Hallstrom was a very nice guy as well, but not somebody I`d want to mess with. He is huge!! It was a fun-filled, more than spiritually uplifting experience. I am grateful for the guidance of living prophets. Elder Oaks talked a lot about the nature of God. I am excited to share more about it when I get home! Hard to believe and quite sad to think about, but I only have 2 weeks left :( I guess I`ll enjoy it while I still got it! We`ve got a good week planned ahead including a music fireside on Saturday evening. Should be fun! Thanks for everything everyone. I love you much. Take Care.
Elder Ovard








1 comment:
Blake, that is AWESOME!
Post a Comment