Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Last December!!

Hey hey hey! I can`t believe it`s December!!! And already the 5th. Wow it`s flying by. Every morning when I wake up I realize I have 1 less day and it gives me that much more motivation to cherish the remaining time. I love being a missionary!! There`s nothin like it.



It`s been another busy one full of ups and downs. We had a Specialized Training up in Niigata this weekend and it was there I learned that my MTC comp and best bud Elder Taylor is now back in the States. He broke his foot some time ago and rather than healing it has only gotten worse. Unfortunately it`s gonna require some surgery. I was SO sad to hear the news and was almost in tears. He`s a stud and I love him. I wish him the best with everything and look forward to seeing him in the near future! He was serving in an area just outside of Sendai and in his place will go Elder Juchau. So now I`m gonna have to let go of my boy too! :( ha. It was like a slap on the left cheek and then the right. He had been in his previous area for a while however and I know he`ll tear it up over there. At least we got to spend some time together including another Thanksgiving! ;)


We have a new investigator! And she even lives nearby! I mean, 2 floors down! Haha. So when Juchau Choro and co. were in town a few weeks ago they decided to knock a few doors of our apartment. I couldn`t believe it at first but when I heard that they found someone golden I gave them some slack ha. Her name is Kikuchi and she`s married with a 9 year old son. She`s so good! Elder Saunders and I met with her a couple times this past week. She went to a Christian High School and College so she also has some Christian background. She read the Restoration and Plan of Salvation pamphlets and had all sorts of questions. She now has a Book of Mormon and I`m confident she`ll read it too! :) She has interest in English Class and would like to come to church sometime as well so hopefully we can help her get to that point!


Our English Class continues to be a success as we have been blessed with many new students. I even think the girl we found last week in her car will come to church next week! Haha. English Class is a fun and natural way of getting people to the church, meeting other members, and getting introduced to the message.


Well I`m not gonna need another haircut for a while... Saunders Choro took it off! Haha. It was the first time my entire mission having my comp cut my hair. I guess that`s what happens when it`s the end of the month with no money and you`re gonna be seeing the Mission President in a couple days! Haha jk. He did a good job though and it sure makes things easier.


We went to visit a member the other day and not to much surprise, got a little lost. But some of the cutest little girls helped us find our way! Haha they didn`t know quite what to think about 2 big Americans. By the time we found the place I even saw one of them trying to take a `sneak` picture with her phone camera haha. It was cute. Afterwards we got in a pic with them. Japanese kids are so cute!!


I love the mish. I love this work. I love the gospel. I love having the opportunity to share this `Good News` with these sweet Japanese people. I want to do all I can to give them everything they deserve. Thank you all for the love and support you give me. I love my family and friends! :) Hope you have a good week! Take Care.

Elder Ovard



pics

1- Brother Osman. A recent convert from an area in western China. This man can draw!!

2- Joetsu District!!

3- The Ovard Family minus TD Choro :) Shinno Choro is also now a father making me a grandfather!!

4- The cute little girls!

No comments: