Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Japan Sendai/Sapporo Mission

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let it snow!

What`s up everyone. Hope all is going well for you back home. I can`t believe another week has come to an end. It`s been another good one though! I love it out here. We got our first snow this week!! We got a couple of inches but it melted within a couple days. It`s pouring rain right now. You wouldn`t believe the grocery trip we just went on! Haha I don`t know what I`m gonna do when I don`t have to handle bar all my food home. Snow is much more convinient and definitley lots prettier than the rain! We`re not too far away from the snow though. Give it a week or two.



We had an awesome zone conference this past Friday! I love to get with the other missionaries and recieve training from my priesthood leaders. It never ceases to amaze me how much Spirit they bring with them! I love President Rasmussen. He and Sis. Ras. gave us such a sweet Christmas present this year. They had all the missionaries take a picture in front of a rice field (D&C 4) and made a nice dvd out of it. I really enjoyed it. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful and loving mission president and mom. Also, I mentioned a few weeks ago how I met the man who does a lot of translating into Japanese for the church. Not to mention the Book of Mormon! Well, I really wanted to take a picture with him but he seemed really busy so I wasn`t able to do it. I wasn`t sure if I would ever see him again, but he lives in Niigata and I`ve actually seen him a couple times since coming here!! He will be coming to my branch here in Nagaoka next week. I love to hear him speak! He is full of the spirit. And I think I`ll be able to take a picture with him too. God has a funny way of putting things together. ;)


Unfortunately our promising and hopeful investigator living on the 4th floor of our building didn`t work out :( She`s a really nice woman but I guess it`s just not her time. We`re gonna have to keep looking for the `elect`!! Saunders Choro and I are both full of faith and confidence that they`re out there, we just gotta work hard and be patient with the Lord. Our English Class has continued to be a success!! We were blessed once again with new students this past week. Hopefully people don`t start getting the wrong image when they see a bunch of young girls showing up! Haha. Saunders Choro is just too cool. We`re always hopeful english class can be a means of finding people to teach.

We may not have too many people to meet with at the moment but that doesn`t keep me from feeling the joy of this work each and every day. I love it!! We had the opportunity to watch the Christmas Devotional by the First Presidency yesterday. It was awesome. I hope and pray that we can all feel and experience the joy that comes from the true meaning of CHRISTmas. He is our Savior. Our Redeemer. Our Exemplar. Our way to true happiness. I know these things!! :) Thank you all for the love and support you give to me. There isn`t anything that isn`t recognized nor appreciated. It means a lot. Love you all. Have a good week!!


Elder Ovard

No comments: