Hello Hello!! I don`t know how the weather over there in the states is, but the past couple days over here have been beautiful!! The sun has been out, the snow is starting to melt, and it has even warmed up a little bit!! I know it`ll probably snow and get a little colder again, but I`m enjoyin it while I got it! :)
So last week after P-Day, we met with a less-active member at the church. Supposively he is really good at ping-pong and has NEVER lost to a missionary before. You know what that means... I gotta give this dude a shot!! :) Well we started warming up and I thought- alright this guy is good but I can keep up. Then we started a game and his skills all of a sudden went through the roof!!! I was like- Holy Smokes!! Haha. I stuck in there though and you know how I do...I came out with a victory!!! Haha I only beat him once but that was enough. He really was legit!
This week has been awesome!! I want everyone to know how much I love my mission and that I am so grateful to be doing the Lord`s work. I feel so blessed to be here in Japan and to have seen all the miracles I`ve seen. When Elder Narita and I came to Morioka, there wasn`t a whole lot of work going on. But the Lord has blessed us and we have found some prepared people to hear the gospel! It is the best feeling in the world to see the change the gospel can make in people`s lives. First, Fred came to church again, and we were able to make a baptismal date with him for March 19!! He still has a few fears concerning our church and his protestant church, but he said he knows the Bible and Book of Mormon are true! Next, we found a WAY golden lady- Rika-san. We actually found her a couple weeks ago and were able to meet with her this past week. She lived in Canada for a year, has perfect English, and wants her kids to learn it too. I taught the kids English, and while doing so she openly started talking to Elder Narita about the Bible and our message!! She has been golden since the day we found her. She has 2 kids, is divorced, looking for a job while going to school, and unfortunately had depression last year. She began taking medicine to overcome it, but didn`t want to rely on it so she started reading good books. When Narita Choro showed her the Book of Mormon, she lit up!! Because I was more focused on teaching the kids English, I wasn`t able to take part in a lot of the discussion, but she is so perfect!! When we asked them to come to church, the mom agreed and the kids were way excited to go to church too!! They are so prepared and I`m so excited to continure to meet with and teach them!! I know that they have been prepared by the Lord and that they are ready to hear the gospel :)
There is nothing better in the world than the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior. I know that when we rely on Him, and try to become more like Him, we really will become the people we need to be to live with God again. Thank you all for everything!! I cannot believe how fast the time is going by. This week is my year mark. Wow!!! I feel like I just got here. Take care and have an awesome week!!
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment